Pages

The Last Laugh


Two Ace's and 2 Eight's with a Joker-Dead Man's Hand...but for Batman or The Joker?

The vigilante Batman and his archenemies, The Joker have been at war for over 70 years and no where ready to give up the fight.

From his original appearance as a goofy, mischievous criminal with a sadistic sense of humor, The Joker is a highly intelligent psychopath who murders people for his own amusement and with no other reason than to introduce anarchy into Batman's world. Batman wants nothing more than to put the Joker away and will stop at nothing to interrupt the Joker's plans for mayhem.

Growing up, I have always loved the stories and villains from the Batman comics but none intrigued me more than his rival, the Joker. In coming up with the concept for this piece, I retraced my steps back to gambling tattoos and I remembered the deadly poker hand. It was fitting considering the relationship between Batman and the Joker always seemed to be like a never ending game.

In this on going battle for good and evil and control over the dark city of Gotham, The Joker reminds Batman during their encounters that they are nothing without each other.

"I've been thinking lately. About you and me. About what's going to happen to us, in the end. We're going to kill each other, aren't we?" -Batman "The Killing Joke"

So who will have The Last Laugh?